Digital Marketing Grants for Small Business: Beat the December Deadline!
| 20 November 2019
Would $10,000 assist your business’s digital marketing efforts? You betcha!
A Queensland Government initiative, the Small Business Digital Marketing Grant was introduced to help businesses more easily access digital marketing services. Successful applicants can receive matched funding of up to $10,000 which will be provided to eligible businesses who offer digital marketing services.
The team at Shared Marketing are huge supporters of the Digital Marketing Grant. We believe that when you provide small businesses with easier access to digital marketing services, you’ll also provide them with the potential to build their brand, online identity and grow their business. We’ve seen first hand how helpful the grant can be (many of our existing clients have already used it) so this is why we strongly encourage anyone considering applying to just do it!
Thinking the Digital Marketing Grant could be a big helping hand for your business? You better make a move soon because applications are already open for Round 7 and close 10th December at 5pm. Don’t leave it until the last minute—start your application ASAP.
Is your business eligible?
There are a few requirements you must meet to be eligible for this handy digital marketing grant. If your business ticks all of the following boxes, the grant could be yours:
- Have less than 20 employees at the time you’re applying for the grant
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- You’re registered for GST
- Have a Queensland based headquarters for your business
- Your business had a turnover of less than $2 million in the last financial year
- There can only be one application accepted from an individual ABN
- You’re not insolvent or have owners or directors that are an undischarged bankrupt
Other things to consider:
Before applying, your business must first be in a position to pay for the upfront costs for the approved digital marketing services in full. If your application is successful, you will then be reimbursed once you submit your proof of purchase.
Once you’re successful, you cannot reapply for the grant in future rounds.
How do I apply?
The application process is very straightforward. You must first make sure you’ve read the eligibility requirements in full, the application guidelines and the terms and conditions. Once you have all that reading under control, you’ll then be ready to apply online via the SmartyGrants link provided on the Queensland Government Business website.
Some of the things that are accessed to determine whether you’re a good fit for the grant:
- Will a digital marketing service have a direct impact on your business in terms of revenue growth, time savings, increase in gross profit and employment outcomes?
- Will a digital marketing service enhance the capabilities of the business and make it more competitive?
- Will a digital marketing service increase job growth?
If you’re considering applying, do it as soon as you can—applications for the current round close 10th December 2019.