Have you ever visited a website, left the website, then 5 seconds later seen an ad for that very same website on your internet browser?  This is not a fluke. The website that you visited has a code built within it that discreetly saves your browser information and places an anonymous re-targeting ‘cookie’ in your browser.

As a business owner, Ad Re-targeting is another marketing tool that has been proven to be very successful. If someone has visited your website, they are interested in your service. The current average conversion rate of first time customers to a website is 2%. The other 98% are more than likely still thinking about it. This 98% is the market that your re-targeting is designed to reach.

What are the benefits of re-targeting your website visitors:

  • Increasing your brand awareness
  • Instilling a sense of presence on the internet
  • Converting more visitors to customers
  • Increasing the opportunity for word-of-mouth referrals

Re-targeting is another effective way for businesses to increase their conversion rate from visitors to customers. It is also a useful marketing tool in keeping a website in the faces of potential customers.

What should you have in place before you begin re-targeting:

  • Have a call to action on your homepage
  • Check all of your links and pages on your website work
  • Ensure your contact details are up-to-date
  • Give your customers/visitors a reason to return to your site (regularly updated blog, competition, etc)

So how do you start re-targeting? Simple. Your web developer needs to install a Java tag in the footer of your website. If you would like any more information on ad re-targeting or any other Ad campaigns for your website. Give us a call today.